Director, Producer and Writer, VICELAND (VICE MEDIA), Toronto, Canada (April 2015 – present)
• Responsible for 10 half-hour TV episodes of the multi-part documentary series “Cyberwar.”
• Travel domestically and internationally to oversee shoots; work closely with a host and DP in the field.
• Chief scriptwriter of three episodes, including the pilot that convinced executives to greenlight the series.
Senior Producer, AJ+ (AL JAZEERA), San Francisco, CA (June 2013 – April 2015)
• Led five-person teams to make digital news videos and animations on tight daily deadlines.
• Frequently designated Acting Executive Producer; oversaw a Webby-honored video.
• Instrumental in launching AJ+ as one of seven original employees – the channel is now a cross-platform success
and one of the most watched video publishers on Facebook (2.2 billion views in 2015).
Digital Associate Producer, CURRENT TV, New York, NY (April 2012 – June 2013)
• Created digital content for nightly TV news shows such as “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer.”
• Produced, shot and edited original video for Current.com.
Associate Editor, QUEENS CHRONICLE, Queens, NY (July 2011 – March 2012)
• Wrote six to 10 news and arts stories a week on deadline, covering Western Queens; shot photos.
• Spearheaded a partnership with Columbia University to enhance the newspaper’s content.
• Nominated for The New York Press Association’s “Rookie Reporter of the Year” award.
Multimedia/Production Intern, PBS (THIRTEEN/WNET), New York, NY (May 2011 – July 2011)
• Helped launch the website for “Women, War & Peace,” an award-winning five-part documentary series.
• Reported and wrote news blogs for the site; edited audio-slideshows, photos and podcasts.
Assistant Video Director, BREAKTHRU RADIO, New York, NY (July 2010 – May 2011)
Managed a team of nine video producers to launch a music and news video channel; shot in the field.
Editor and Reporter, THE BANGKOK POST, Bangkok, Thailand (March 2009 – July 2009)
Wrote for one of Thailand’s largest English-language newspapers; freelanced after leaving Bangkok.
Travel Editor, ROUGH GUIDES (PENGUIN), New York, NY (Feb. 2008 – Sept. 2008)
Chief text editor for several titles, including the Rough Guides to Rio de Janeiro, USA and the Yucatan.
Freelance Writer, LIMEWIRE MUSIC BLOG, New York, NY (Oct. 2007 – Jan. 2009)
Wrote weekly blog posts, including live music reviews, interviews and music news.
Senior Assistant Editor, OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY, New York, NY (Sept. 2004 – Jan. 2008)
Defined three words a day as one of the youngest editors ever at the OED.
Master of Science in Journalism, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY (Aug. 2009 – May 2010)
Digital Media Concentration. Produced a digital/video master’s project about a famed piano company’s
financial struggles. One of my print stories was published in The Columbia Journalist (a student honor).
Bachelor of Arts in English, CORNELL UNIVERSITY, Ithaca, NY (Aug. 2000 – May 2004)
Graduated Summa Cum Laude. Wrote for The Cornell Daily Sun. Coursework included narrative writing,
graduate-level poetry and an honors thesis.
Languages: Proficient French. Conversational Spanish.
Digital/video: Adept editor: Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro 7. Experienced video shooter: Canon C300, C100,
5D, 7D and other cameras, and audio recorders like the Zoom H4n. Skilled with Adobe Photoshop and Bridge,
familiar with After Effects.