Director, Producer and Writer, VICELAND (VICE MEDIA), Toronto, Canada (April 2015 – present)
• Responsible for 10 half-hour TV episodes of the multi-part documentary series “Cyberwar.”
• Manage domestic and international shoots; work closely with a host and DP in the field.
• Produced the series pilot, which led network executives to greenlight more episodes.
Senior Producer, AJ+ (AL JAZEERA), San Francisco, CA (June 2013 – April 2015)
• Led five-person teams to make digital news videos and animations on tight daily deadlines.
• Frequently designated acting EP.
• Instrumental in launching AJ+ as one of seven original employees – the channel is now a cross-platform
success and one of the most watched video publishers on Facebook (2.2 billion views in 2015).
Digital Associate Producer, CURRENT TV, New York, NY (April 2012 – June 2013)
• Created digital content for nightly TV news shows, including “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer.”
• Produced, shot and edited original video for Current.com.
Associate Editor, QUEENS CHRONICLE, Queens, NY (July 2011 – March 2012)
• Wrote six to 10 news and arts stories a week on deadline, covering Western Queens.
• Enhanced the newspaper’s content by partnering with Columbia University’s New York World.
• Nominated for The New York Press Association’s “Rookie Reporter of the Year” award.
Multimedia/Production Intern, PBS (THIRTEEN/WNET), New York, N.Y. (May 2011 – July 2011)
• Helped launch the website for “Women, War & Peace,” an award-winning five-part documentary series.
• Reported and wrote news blogs for the site; edited audio-slideshows and podcasts.
Assistant Video Director, BREAKTHRU RADIO, New York, NY (July 2010 – May 2011)
Managed a team of nine video producers to launch a music and news video channel; shot in the field.
Editor and Reporter, THE BANGKOK POST, Bangkok, Thailand (March 2009 – July 2009)
Wrote for one of Thailand’s largest English-language newspapers; freelanced after leaving Bangkok.
Travel Editor, ROUGH GUIDES (PENGUIN), New York, NY (Feb. 2008 – Sept. 2008)
Chief text editor for several titles, including the Rough Guides to Rio de Janeiro, USA and the Yucatan.
Freelance Writer, LIMEWIRE MUSIC BLOG, New York, NY (Oct. 2007 – Jan. 2009)
Wrote weekly blog posts, including live music reviews, interviews and music news.
Senior Assistant Editor, OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY, New York, NY (Sept. 2004 – Jan. 2008)
Defined three words a day as one of the youngest editors ever at the OED.
Master of Science in Journalism, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY (Aug. 2009 – May 2010)
Digital Media Concentration
Produced a digital/video master’s project about Steinway & Sons. Writing published in The Columbia Journalist
(a student honor).
Bachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude, CORNELL UNIVERSITY, Ithaca, NY (Aug. 2000 – May 2004)
Wrote for The Cornell Daily Sun. Coursework included graduate-level poetry and an honors thesis.
Languages: Proficient in French.
Digital/video: Adept editor with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro 7. Experienced shooter using the Canon C300,
C100, 5D, 7D and other cameras, and audio recorders like the Zoom H4n. Skilled with Adobe Photoshop/Bridge.